christian-medina home

Mobile Home Decals, Registration & Renewals

If You Own the Land

When the owner of a mobile home also owns the land upon which the mobile home is permanently affixed, a Real Property decal is required. The Real Property or “RP” decal has no expiration date and is permanent as long as the mobile home is not moved.

If you currently have a regular mobile home decal and own the land upon which your mobile home is affixed, do not renew your mobile home decal. Instead, contact the St. Lucie County Property Appraiser’s Office to have your mobile home declared real property.

A declaration of real property must be issued by the property appraiser’s office before the tax collector’s office can issue an RP decal. To apply for an RP decal, you will need to submit proof of ownership, the current registration, and the declaration of real property to the tax collector’s Office. The cost of an RP decal is $5.10.

If You Own Just the Mobile Home

All other mobile homes are required to be registered with a current “Mobile Home” decal at all times, even when unoccupied.

Warning: Mobile home owners who do not also own the land upon which their mobile home is permanently affixed and who fail to get their mobile home registered, including the proper display of their decal will be subject to a costly tangible personal property tax assessment by the Property Appraiser’s Office.


  • Annual mobile home decals will be valid through December 31st of each year.
  • The fee to register a mobile home is determined by the length of the home. One decal is issued for each mobile home. In the case of a double wide or triple wide, a decal is issued for each section.

Mobile Home and “RP” decals, as well as registration renewals, may be obtained at the Tax Collector’s Ft. Pierce office, or the Port St. Lucie office.

Courtesy Renewal Notices

Please note that Florida law does not provide for mobile home registration renewal notices and failure to receive a renewal notice by mail does not relieve the mobile home owner of the their responsibility to timely renew their mobile home registration and decal.

The Tax Collector does, however, provide renewal notices as a courtesy to resident mobile home owners. The courtesy renewal notices are mailed prior to the annual registration expiration date.