christian-medina home

Mobile Home Title Retirement

Mobile home owners who own both their mobile home and the real property it sits on have the option of changing from a DMV issued title to a warranty deed. This is referred to as “retiring the title.” Once the title is retired and the deed is issued, future transfers will be via deeds instead of the old application for Florida title.

In order to retire your Florida title:

Step 1: File with the Clerk of Circuit Court

Visit the St. Lucie County Clerk of the Circuit Court's website or call the office at 772-462-6900 for information on required fees.

Step 2: File with the Tax Collector's Office

  • Click here to download the Application for Retirement of a Mobile Home Certificate of Title. An application is required for each unit in a double or a triple wide. If the names are joined by the word and, the signature of each owner is required on the form.
  • A copy of the documents recorded with the Clerk of the Circuit Court after they have been recorded.
  • All tangible tax bills must be paid in full before a title transaction may occur.

Note: There are no fees to retire a title in the tax collector's office.


Question: I just bought my mobile home. Can I still have the title retired?

Answer: Yes. The certificate of title must already be in your name or paperwork completed for transfer to your name (assuming you also have the deed to the real property) before the certificate of title can be retired.

Question: Can any mobile home have the title retired?

Answer: No. The mobile home must be declared as real property in the property appraiser's office before the title can be retired.