Transfer Of Ownership on an Out of State Title
When seeking to transfer ownership of a vehicle or mobile home titled out of state, you must bring the following to the tax collector's office:
- The original out-of-state title properly completed by the seller.
- A copy of the current registration to be transferred (if applicable).
- Proof of current Florida property damage liability and personal injury protection insurance, including the insurance company's name and policy number.
- Each applicant must be present to sign the new application for title and provide personal identification.
Title Application on an Out-Of-State Vehicle
When seeking to register a vehicle that was previously titled out-of-state, you must complete an Application For Certificate Of Title, which may be obtained and completed prior to visiting the tax collector's office.
The following items are also required:
- The original out-of-state title certificate in your name or an out-of-state title properly assigned to you.
- A vehicle identification odometer verification form, which must be completed by a law enforcement officer, a Florida notary, a Florida Division of Motor Vehicles compliance examiner, the U.S. Military Police or a Florida licensed car dealer.
- Note: Completing sections six and eight of the application for certificate of title fulfills this requirement.
- Proof of current Florida property damage liability and personal Injury protection insurance, including the insurance companies name and policy number, when purchasing a license plate or extending the registration period.
- The current registration or plate number when transferring a license plate.
- If your vehicle is financed, please complete lien holder information, including the account number, lien holder name and mailing address.
- Each applicant must sign the application.
- Note: If completing an application in our office, each person applying for ownership must be present to sign the title application and provide personal identification.