Tax certificates not purchased at the annual tax certificate sale are struck to St. Lucie County. Click one of the links below for a list of accounts and amounts of taxes due on tax certificates held by the county. These certificates can be purchased over the counter or through the mail at an interest rate of 18%. Certificate buyers should be aware there are inherent risks involved with buying tax certificates and those risks are borne by the certificate holder.
To purchase a county certificate you must:
- Submit payment in guaranteed funds (cashiers’ check, money order, cash, etc.) for the total purchase price.
- A completed W-9 and Bidder Application will also be required. These forms must be in the name you wish to use for certificate purchases. Please include an address and an employer identification number or a social security number, and a telephone number and/or e-mail address so you can be contacted if there are any questions.
- If you would like to transfer all rights, title, and interest to another person or company, you will need to complete the Endorsement Form / Transfer Of Tax Certificate form.
If you have questions please contact the Delinquent Tax Department at 772.462.1650.
- In TaxSys the “public access system”, choose “All County Held Certs” from the reports list box on the left
- click the “View Selected Report” button.
- The selection information may be changed to customize the report, such as entering a parcel ID in the “Account Number” field, or changing the “Cert Status” to “Redeemed”.
Certificates will continue to be offered on a first come basis. If you have questions please contact the Delinquent Tax Department at the main office.