The Property Appraiser is responsible for the preparation of:
- The current Ad Valorem tax roll
- Assessed value of property
- Property tax exemptions, including homestead exemptions
- Taxable value
- Assessed owner’s name and address, including address changes
- The legal description of property.
First-time applications for homestead exemption and widow, widower or disability exemptions must be filed with the Property Appraiser by March 1st of the tax year.
You must notify the Property Appraiser when you no longer qualify for any of the exemptions.